Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rainy day comfort food

It's been raining sporadically the past few days, and during this type of weather, It's really nice to eat something hot to warm yourself up.

My preferred rainy day food is a warm bowl of Goto, some Tokwa't Baboy in sweet and spicy vinegar, and crispy Lumpiang Gulay.


This trifecta really gives me comfort during gloomy cold weather.

I think these food comfort me during dark days because they trigger memories and feelings that made me feel better or brightened up my mood.

The goto makes me remember how my grandmother used to cook lugaw or goto for me when I had the colds and fever when I was younger.  It  brings back memories of how my lola took care of me when I was sick and how much better I felt after that.  Goto for me is like liquid love.

As for the cirspy lumpia and spicy tokwa't baboy , basically anything spicy and fried makes my tummy happy happy happy.