Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fresh Lumpiang Ubod "Crepe" (hahahaha)

Mom and Dad brought home literally a whole coconut trunk today.  We just asked someone to hack the heck out of it with an itak to reach the center, which we pinoys fondly call ubod.

They bought it because they were craving for lumpiang sariwa.

Mom asked me to make fresh lumpia wrapper from her own recipe.

While browsing through the ingredients list, it kinda dawned on me that her recipe is a whole lot like crepe, so I just cooked it like a crepe, that is fluffier than what a regular lumpia wrapper should be.

I wrapped my portion like a crepe instead of like a lumpia and it turned out like this
fresh lumpia wrapper, lettuce, ubod, carrots, pork, chicken, lumpia sauce with crushed peanuts...the works!


I Jokingly said to my mom:  "Ang sosyal ng lumpia parang savory crepe hahaha."

And I realized, it kinda is a savory crepe, welll that's just my opinion.  :)